Tuesday 18 January 2011

Hurrah for football!

One of our local teams is playing tonight and the OH rushed home, ate chips, and rushed out again to go and support.  He won't be back til at least 10:30 he says.

So it's just the dog and me.


I have been feeling generally rubbish for a while now; have had a particularly disgusting cold with a hacking cough which has woken me up almost every night for the last six weeks.  I'm exhausted.  So a night in front of the telly with the pooch and a crochet hook is just what the doctor ordered.  

I've already 'met' two lovely ladies here at blogger who have gorgeous blogs of their own but have also directed me to some other really inspiring and helpful crochet sites.  I had a little browse earlier this evening and will spend a while here and here until I've mastered the basic stitches required for a granny square. (NB: mental note to follow 'Do You Mind If I Knit' - another lady who rules.)

Am truly thrilled that there is so much great stuff on the web - it has been impossible to find a crochet teacher locally and none of my friends or family (of any age) know how to do it.  (Well that's a slight exaggeration.  Mum, who hasn't crocheted since before I was born, has dug out her old hooks and is having a little go so that she can help me to learn.  Good old Ma, I do love her.)

Making a cake for my niece's 2nd birthday this weekend so relaxing while I can.  Come Friday evening I'll be covered in icing sugar and swearing like a sailor over fiddly little sugarpaste farm animals.

xx










No comments:

Post a Comment